Verizon and the System Council T6 reached agreement to extend the Home Garaging Agreement through July 31st. This is a win for our members, who are most at risk for exposure to COVID-19, by providing reduced contact with co-workers at work locations.
The IBEW & CWA have been working hard with Verizon to reach agreements to protect our members, while at the same time maintaining our network. We have made the following agreements:
Work from Home:
Members who work an inside desk job, who have the required broadband service at their residence, who requests to work at home, have been allowed to do so. At this time, more than 90% of eligible employees have chosen to work from home. If you have any issues, please call the Union office.
Today, the System Council T6 has agreed to extend the Work at Home agreement until September 30, 2021. Both CWA and Mid-Atlantic have also agreed to the extension. Continuing this option will help keep people safe and prevent the spread of COVID-19 until there is more information about the progress of the Coronavirus Pandemic.
The System Council T6 passed a proposal yesterday to Verizon for a permanent Work-at-Home agreement. The existing temporary agreement runs through the end of June. This new proposal offers comprehensive language that would address the needs of a long-term agreement. The IBEW in New England is committed to trying to reach an agreement to continue Work-at-Home, and awaits the company’s response to the proposal.
It’s with a heavy hearty and deepest sympathy that I announce the death of Sister Cathy Tibbetts. Cathy was a service rep in the enterprise group who succumbed to Covid 19 today at the age of 55. Her loss is devastating for her family and friends and she will be missed. We will post details of services as soon as they are available.
Members may be eligible for a LOA related to COVID-19 for up to 26 weeks. There are 4 scenarios for this leave:
- For those medically diagnosed with COVID-19
- For those with an underlying condition (their own or a household member) who are unable to work from home.
- For those with childcare or eldercare issues
- For those caring for a person diagnosed with COVID-19
Please CLICK HERE to read the agreement.
How to Apply for a Covid-19 LOA
To apply for a Leave of Absence from a company computer, tablet or phone,
access the COVID-19 Resource Page on the VZ E-Web.
If you are unable to access the VZ E-Web use one the links below:
- If you’ve been diagnosed with COVID-19 Click Here to apply for Leave
- If you or a household member has an underlying health condition Click Here to apply for Leave
*You will need these two forms for underlying condition: Form 1 Form 2
- If you have childcare or eldercare issues Click Here to apply for Leave of Absence
- If you are caring for a person diagnosed with COVID-19 Click Here to apply for Leave of Absence
Effective April 16, 2020 – COVID-19 – Community Medical Support Leave
- In light of federal, state, and municipal calls for medically-trained individuals to support in responding to the COVID-19 outbreak, the Company will enable medically-trained associates (e.g., doctors, nurses, EMT’s) providing such medical support to take a leave of absence in one week intervals of up to 8 weeks with pay at their basic hourly rate and up to 18 weeks with pay at 60% of their basic hourly rate (subject to termination at any time during the 26 week period if/when the associate ceases or curtails work supporting the COVID-19 response effort.)
- Gather the necessary documents to support your application. You will need to upload documents verifying the following with your request for leave:
- Your medical certification
- Call for Community Medical Support (advertisement, letter, etc.)
- Confirmation of acceptance at a facility in alignment with the Call for Community Medical Support
- Name and location of the facility where you will be providing medical services
- Description of medical services you will be providing while on leave
- Confirmation of pay/non-pay
- Complete the COVID-19 Community Medical Support Leave Request form and attach the above documentation.
- You and your supervisor will be notified within 24 hours of decision.
If approved and once you complete your assignment providing COVID-19 Community Medical Support, Verizon will require that you work from home for 14 days before returning to Verizon facilities. If you are unable to work from home, please notify your HR Business Partner, and they can work with you to implement a 14-day quarantine leave.
Please CLICK HERE to read the agreement.