Local 2321 has canceled its monthly meeting, scheduled for Wednesday, January 13th, due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic. The decision is in line with state guidelines to promote the safety of the members of this local and our communities. All previous treasurer reports and eboard minutes from cancelled meetings will be presented at the next scheduled meeting.
As of Wednesday, the T6 will sign an interim extension of the home garaging agreement until October 31st. There are still details to work out on a longer extension, primarily in NY with CWA, but we could not allow the current agreement to expire and put workers at risk. Once details of a subsequent agreement are available, we will announce them on this tape and our web and social media sites.
Verizon and the IBEW and CWA have signed an extension of the work at home agreement set to expire this Wednesday, September 30th. The new agreement will extend the same provisions of the existing agreement until January 31, 2021. The extension will allow union members to safely work from home and avoid the potential dangers of sharing a small enclosed workspace with co-workers.
Members may be eligible for a LOA related to COVID-19 for up to 26 weeks. There are 4 scenarios for this leave:
- For those medically diagnosed with COVID-19
- For those with an underlying condition (their own or a household member) who are unable to work from home.
- For those with childcare or eldercare issues
- For those caring for a person diagnosed with COVID-19
Please CLICK HERE to read the agreement.
How to Apply for a Covid-19 LOA
To apply for a Leave of Absence from a company computer, tablet or phone,
access the COVID-19 Resource Page on the VZ E-Web.
If you are unable to access the VZ E-Web use one the links below:
- If you’ve been diagnosed with COVID-19 Click Here to apply for Leave
- If you or a household member has an underlying health condition Click Here to apply for Leave
*You will need these two forms for underlying condition: Form 1 Form 2
- If you have childcare or eldercare issues Click Here to apply for Leave of Absence
- If you are caring for a person diagnosed with COVID-19 Click Here to apply for Leave of Absence
Effective April 16, 2020 – COVID-19 – Community Medical Support Leave
- In light of federal, state, and municipal calls for medically-trained individuals to support in responding to the COVID-19 outbreak, the Company will enable medically-trained associates (e.g., doctors, nurses, EMT’s) providing such medical support to take a leave of absence in one week intervals of up to 8 weeks with pay at their basic hourly rate and up to 18 weeks with pay at 60% of their basic hourly rate (subject to termination at any time during the 26 week period if/when the associate ceases or curtails work supporting the COVID-19 response effort.)
- Gather the necessary documents to support your application. You will need to upload documents verifying the following with your request for leave:
- Your medical certification
- Call for Community Medical Support (advertisement, letter, etc.)
- Confirmation of acceptance at a facility in alignment with the Call for Community Medical Support
- Name and location of the facility where you will be providing medical services
- Description of medical services you will be providing while on leave
- Confirmation of pay/non-pay
- Complete the COVID-19 Community Medical Support Leave Request form and attach the above documentation.
- You and your supervisor will be notified within 24 hours of decision.
If approved and once you complete your assignment providing COVID-19 Community Medical Support, Verizon will require that you work from home for 14 days before returning to Verizon facilities. If you are unable to work from home, please notify your HR Business Partner, and they can work with you to implement a 14-day quarantine leave.
Please CLICK HERE to read the agreement.
The IBEW & CWA have been working hard with Verizon to reach agreements to protect our members, while at the same time maintaining our network. We have made the following agreements:
Work from Home:
Members who work an inside desk job, who have the required broadband service at their residence, who requests to work at home, have been allowed to do so. At this time, more than 90% of eligible employees have chosen to work from home. If you have any issues, please call the Union office.
Today, the System Council T6 has agreed to extend the Work at Home and Home Garaging agreement until September 30, 2020. Both CWA and Mid-Atlantic have also agreed to the extension. Continuing this option will help keep people safe and prevent the spread of COVID-19 until there is more information about the progress of the Coronavirus Pandemic.